When people become bored, they want to do something fun. That’s why many end up playing Video Poker. It started in 1979 wherein it was still called “Poker Slots”. In the 1980’s, it became popular throughout the casinos wherein people playing wouldn’t get intimidated by other players, because there simply aren’t any other players. Well, even if that were still the case today, who has time to visit a casino? In this generation, people are generally busy, living their fast-paced lives. They just don’t seem to have the time to go to the casino. So, the Mobile Video Poker was developed.
Now people can play video poker anywhere and anytime. Do you know how mobile video poker works? With mobile video poker, there would be no dealer’s hand and at the same time, no player’s hand to beat. It is simply played according to the pay table, which can be found on the screen. You start by placing a bet then pressing the deal button. You are then given five (5) cards; there’s no need to worry right away, since you have the option of discarding any (or all) of the cards in exchange for a new one.
Play Video Poker at These Mobile Casinos!
Once you’re finally confident and sure of your cards, you may now click the “Deal” button wherein the machine would check if your cards match the winning combination. If they do, credits/prizes would be given. Now, what are the winning combinations? Here are some of the most common winning combinations based on ranks (number 1 being highest and the last one being the lowest):
1. Royal Flush: A combination of jack, queen, king, ace and 10 having the same suit.
2. Straight Flush: Five successive cards (should be from the same suit).
3. Full house: A combination of three cards of one rank and another two cards belonging in another rank. An example for this is 4 of clubs, 4 of diamonds, 4 of hearts, 5 of hearts and 5 of diamonds.
4. Flush: A combination of five cards belonging in the same suit. An example for this is 8, 3, 9, Jack, 6, all of spades
5. Straight: Five successive cards (coming from different suits). An example of this is 5 of hearts, 6 of diamonds, 7 of clubs, 8 of spades and 9 of hearts.
6. Three of a Kind: A combination of three cards belonging in the same rank. An example for this is 7 of clubs, 7 of diamonds and 7 of spades.
7. Two Pair: A pair of cards in a single rank, coupled with another pair of different rank. An example for this 6 of spades, 6 of hearts, ace of clubs and ace of diamonds.
8. Pair of jacks (or higher)
9. Remember that this game is not only for fun but also by using strategy. A good strategy means a better chances of winning.
At this point, you should be more than ready to try the game firsthand. Soon enough, you’ll realize that you’re already winning.